ANGELA FLOWERS REFLECTS ON 45 YEARS WITH PATRICK HUGHES

Angela Flowers and Patrick Hughes


Angela Flowers, of the Flowers Gallery empire, reflects on her 45-year friendship with Patrick Hughes in the Telegraph. The pair have been working together since Flowers opened her first gallery in 1970. She shares a funny anecdote about their relationship, saying: "When I met him he couldn’t swim. Then I was in Ireland and he sent me a postcard on which was stuck an article about the role of the art dealer. On the bottom he had written, ‘I can swim now!’ and I took it to mean that he didn’t need me any more. I was terribly upset. But he just meant he had learnt to swim, and then he started swimming every single day for miles and miles."

Patrick's retrospective, Hues of Hughes (Selected Works 1999-2014), is on exhibit at Winsor Gallery now until February 24th.

Read the full article here.

Comments