A RETROSPECTIVE OF FORGERIES

Forged Andy Warhol, 'Mao'
Hyperallergic reports that Fordham University's Center Gallery will play host to "the first exhibition ever co-curated by an intelligence agency", as the cream of the FBI's seized forgeries collection goes up on display until August 9th.

"How might one go about putting together a show of forgeries owned by the FBI?" Mostafa Heddaya writes. "The show’s co-curator, Daniel Small, recently told Hyperallergic about the extended process. "The [FBI] gave me a much longer list of stuff that could be cleared, then I whittled it down to a group of 25. And then once I got into town [New York City] I went to the facility, I pulled some other stuff out, saw what they [the FBI] accepted, then brought it to Fordham and whittled it down to the 13 artists in the show.""

Read the original article here.


Comments